Tanad Aaron and Mark Swords, Portico, The Complex, 14–28 May 2021
Something of the pungent, sulphurous, sweaty hum of the rock star came off of Robert Smithson. His swagger recalled Jagger or Plant ...
Belfast is a city that – blighted by opposing politico-religious tensions – has historically found connection and togetherness through sound.
The history of contemporary art has also been marked by a fascination with infrastructure-as-object and the coming of the freeway gave rise to ...
Czech artist and film-maker Ester Krumbachová (1923–1996) was a key figure in New Wave cinema
From the Archive
Things by Ceal Floyer is, at heart, a willfully unsatisfying show, teasing the viewer with morsels on an otherwise clean plate.
The women of marxism today (prologue) are describing and mourning what has become an imagined homeland ...
Kerry Guinan, Beneath the Paving Stones, National College of Art and Design Graduate Exhibition, 14–22 June 2014.
The work is situated in a room with three immediately striking elements: the walls of the space are blue (perhaps an attempt to move away from the tra
- Tanad Aaron and Mark Swords, Portico, The Complex, 14–28 May 2021 Eoghan McIntyre Online 3rd July 2021 Review
- Praxis Artists’ Union: Kerry Guinan in Conversation with Chris Hayes Chris Hayes and Kerry Guinan Online 14th May 2021 Q&A
- Spiral Scratches: Robert Smithson Rocks Out Francis Halsall Issue 11 29th April 2021 Essay
- Acoustic Bleed: Sound Art in Belfast Christopher Steenson Issue 11 12th April 2021 Essay
- Becoming Infrastructural Maeve Connolly Online 15th February 2021 Essay
- The Eclipsed and Occluded: Exploring the Archive of Ester Krumbachová Pádraic E. Moore Online 21st January 2021 Essay
- Remote Joy, Green on Red Gallery, 14 May–28 June 2020 Chris Hayes Online 9th July 2020 Review
- Áine McBride, work suite, mother’s tankstation, 21 February–21 April 2018 Claire Walsh Online 15th May 2020 Review
- (A Personal History of) Borders Peter Geoghegan Online 8th May 2020 Essay
- Rrose Is Rrose Is Rrose Liam Cagney Online 24th April 2020 Essay
- You Are neither Here nor There Declan Long Online 17th April 2020 Review
- On Elisabeth Frink Wendy Erskine Online 10th April 2020 Essay
- Dennis Dinneen, Small Town Portraits, Douglas Hyde Gallery, 21 April–27 May 2017 Colin Graham Online 3rd April 2020 Review
- Oisin Byrne feat. Gary Farrelly, GLUE, Lismore Castle Arts, 8–22 September 2019 Gwen Burlington Online 11th November 2019 Essay
- Christopher Mahon, Couched, Project Arts Centre, 4 October–22 December 2018 / RGKS Cribs, 30 March 2019 Rosa Abbott Online 14th August 2019 Essay
- Singer’s Corner Doireann Ní Ghríofa Online 3rd March 2019 Essay
- Looking For a Place to Call Home, Skulptur Projekte Münster 2017 John Holten Online 22nd February 2019 Review
- Take No Pictures Arnold Thomas Fanning Online 13th January 2019 Essay
- Doireann O’Malley, Prototypes, Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane, 22 June – 14 October 2018 Thomas Butler Online 13th December 2018 Review
- THE HIDE SCULPTURE Rob Doyle Online 3rd October 2018 Essay
- Expanded Art Manoeuvres Marilyn Lennon Online 7th September 2018 Essay
Get in Touch
Join our mailing list for updates about artists, exhibitions, events and articles.