Bassam Al-Sabah, I AM ERROR, Gasworks, London, 21 July–19 September 2021
Artistic creation, though inspired by the world, needs to make reality dissolve away around its own formation ...
My initial impression of Portico was one of surprise...
Something of the pungent, sulphurous, sweaty hum of the rock star came off of Robert Smithson. His swagger recalled Jagger or Plant ...
Belfast is a city that – blighted by opposing politico-religious tensions – has historically found connection and togetherness through sound.
From the Archive
These doppelgangers could be cast as interpretations or restagings of the original object, thus engaging with the artist’s interest in...
There appears to have been, in the last number of years (since 2008 at least) a call for the visual arts to engage more critically with itself...
Cling, in essence, exuded veracity by being exactly about what the title says. Not only does it describe an action and a commercial product ...
- Bassam Al-Sabah, I AM ERROR, Gasworks, London, 21 July–19 September 2021 Kevin Brazil Online 2 September 2021 Review
- Sonia Shiel, The Dangers of Happy, Kevin Kavanagh Gallery, 10 June–10 July 2021 Davey Moor Online 25 August 2021 Review
- Tanad Aaron and Mark Swords, Portico, The Complex, 14–28 May 2021 Eoghan McIntyre Online 3 July 2021 Review
- Praxis Artists’ Union: Kerry Guinan in Conversation with Chris Hayes Chris Hayes and Kerry Guinan Online 14 May 2021 Q&A
- Spiral Scratches: Robert Smithson Rocks Out Francis Halsall Issue 11 29 April 2021 Essay
- Acoustic Bleed: Sound Art in Belfast Christopher Steenson Issue 11 12 April 2021 Essay
- Becoming Infrastructural Maeve Connolly Online 15 February 2021 Essay
- The Eclipsed and Occluded: Exploring the Archive of Ester Krumbachová Pádraic E. Moore Online 21 January 2021 Essay
- Remote Joy, Green on Red Gallery, 14 May–28 June 2020 Chris Hayes Online 9 July 2020 Review
- Áine McBride, work suite, mother’s tankstation, 21 February–21 April 2018 Claire Walsh Online 15 May 2020 Review
- (A Personal History of) Borders Peter Geoghegan Online 8 May 2020 Essay
- Rrose Is Rrose Is Rrose Liam Cagney Online 24 April 2020 Essay
- You Are neither Here nor There Declan Long Online 17 April 2020 Review
- On Elisabeth Frink Wendy Erskine Online 10 April 2020 Essay
- Dennis Dinneen, Small Town Portraits, Douglas Hyde Gallery, 21 April–27 May 2017 Colin Graham Online 3 April 2020 Review
- Oisin Byrne feat. Gary Farrelly, GLUE, Lismore Castle Arts, 8–22 September 2019 Gwen Burlington Online 11 November 2019 Essay
- Christopher Mahon, Couched, Project Arts Centre, 4 October–22 December 2018 / RGKS Cribs, 30 March 2019 Rosa Abbott Online 14 August 2019 Essay
- Singer’s Corner Doireann Ní Ghríofa Online 3 March 2019 Essay
- Looking For a Place to Call Home, Skulptur Projekte Münster 2017 John Holten Online 22 February 2019 Review
- Take No Pictures Arnold Thomas Fanning Online 13 January 2019 Essay
- Doireann O’Malley, Prototypes, Dublin City Gallery The Hugh Lane, 22 June – 14 October 2018 Thomas Butler Online 13 December 2018 Review
Get in Touch
Join our mailing list for updates about artists, exhibitions, events and articles.