- All submissions should be previously unpublished.
- We consider a variety of texts for publication, such as reviews, personal essays, and other forms of writing.
- Submissions for the website should be between 800 to 2,500 words.
- Manuscripts for both fiction and creative non-fiction books can be submitted for consideration.
- We are happy to consider simultaneous submissions, but ask that you notify us should your work be accepted elsewhere.
- We aim to respond to submissions within 6 weeks. Please note that we are not always able to offer individual feedback but carefully consider each submission.
- Submissions to be sent to: email@example.com
PVA Fair Pay and Conditions Policy
PVA is committed to providing fair payment and conditions to all artists with whom we work. All artists and contributors are remunerated in accordance with the principles laid out in the Arts Council’s policy on Paying the Artist as well as observing recommendations on payments as advised by the Words Ireland, the Association of Freelance Editors, Proofreaders and Indexers of Ireland (AFEPI Ireland), and Visual Artists Ireland.
Payments to contributors are tiered as follows:
- Writers who contribute to our hardcopy journals will be paid a minimum fee of €225 per text. Review writers will be paid a minimum fee of €175.
- Artists who contribute original work to our hardcopy journals will be paid a fee of €300; for reproduction of original works already produced/published (except in cases where documentation images are supplied to accompany reviews/articles), we will pay a republication fee of €100–150.
- Writers who contribute to our website will be paid a minimum fee of €125.
- External copy editors or proofreaders will be paid in accordance with fees set by AFEPI Ireland (copy editors at €40/hour; proofreaders €25/hour).
- Any further costs associated with production of original work, travel or accommodation costs, or other costs accrued in the development of contributions, will also be treated as expenses to be covered by the company.
These fees will be maintained in all cases and reviewed regularly in relation to advised rates and augmented as and when possible. Last updated March 2022.