For all of you aspiring writers and artists out there, please see the submission guidelines below to help you along.
- We only accept electronic submissions sent to the address given at the very end of this page (this is for both texts and focus submissions). Please include the word ‘submission’ in the subject line.
- Texts should usually be from 700-1200 words depending on content. We will consider longer pieces. The writing should minimize the use of jargon, and should be accessible to a general readership with a curiosity in the visual arts.
- Authors should feel free to include relevant images in TIFF, GIF, or JPEG format. Max size per attachment is 2 MB.
- Texts should be submitted as an attachment in Microsoft Word or a file format we can open with Word.
- We do not usually publish previously published material. If pieces have been submitted elsewhere, please let us know in advance.
- Artists or artists’ groups submitting to the FOCUS section of the website should include good quality images no bigger than 2M, an up-to-date CV, and a clear artist statement. Links to Vimeo and Youtube can be included.
- We consider a variety of texts for publication. Personal essays, fiction, and other forms of writing are also welcome as long as they relate in some way to contemporary art themes and issues. We do not publish poetry.
- Unfortunately, Paper does not pay for texts! We are a non-profit, unfunded publication at this time. Hopefully, down the line we will be able to pay a writer’s fee and maybe even ourselves.